Friday, June 6, 2008

Nissan: Give the US the Micra C+C


Dear Nissan,

The Micra is a very popular car in Europe. It is cute, cool and reliable. You have a neat little convertible version. Why Why Why can't we get it in the US? Americans are now getting a small taste of what Europeans have experienced for years -- high fuel prices. The time is so right for a small car with panache -- a competitor to the Mini, and maybe the Fiat 500. This is the car.

I know you are coming out with a new model this year. I imagine that you might even be thinking about US emission and crash standards during the redesign. Now is the time to bring it here.

I sent you this letter, and got a nice form reply back. So I am writing here to my blog, which hardly no one reads anyway, but it's friday and just wanted to update things. Plus it looks like I may be selling my mini -- and at some point a year or two from now I will be the market for a new car.

Let me know.

--hal

No comments: