Monday, August 4, 2008

Mexican Cokes!

I am trying to avoid high fructose corn syrup. I know that when I drink a soft drink with it in it I will feel bad shortly thereafter; a sort of sugar crash where I feel profoundly tired. For a long time I quit drinking soft drinks, save for the occasional half-glass of diet coke or pepsi (about the time I am halfway through 12 ounces, I realize how bad they taste).

Anyway, I found out a while back that Mexico, like many other countries, still uses tried and true sugar. The best part of these little grocery stores popping up in our area is that they often carry coke, orange crush and other soft drinks made in mexico.

They taste fantastic (orange crush particularly) and come in real glass bottles. If your morals can take it, Sam's Club carries cases of 12 oz bottles of coke from mexico, and I just found out that Costco does as well (at least, sometimes). Googling showed me the way here, and now I know that others figured this out a few years back. Bet you haven't had an Inca Cola though....

1 comment:

Janyne Kizer said...

I know of people who stock up on Kosher for Passover Coke for that reason. I understand that it's made with sugar as well.